Character In Action (Character Development Program)
A huge focus at Colorado Martial Arts Academy is SUPPORTING our students (and often parents efforts) in developing themselves into better versions of who they are.
In addition to the benefits received from training in a Traditional Martial Art, we have created a Character Development Program appropriate for all our students, no matter their age. This program is part of our regular training requirements, just like Kicks, Punches and Self-Defense.
Examples of Tasks/Challenges for the students to complete are:
- Make your bed
- Mindfulness (daily meditation and journal writing for 5 minutes)
- NO Electronics (except for school and work purposes)
- The First Time (doing what is asked of you the first time)
We look forward to helping you develop yourself or your student!
Project Based Leadership Program
The concept behind Project Based Leadership Training (PBLT), is that students participate in projects that have a positive impact on their community. Through this program, students learn organization skills, what it takes to be a good team member and how to lead a group of people toward a common goal.
Students are required to assist with community service 1-2 times a year in conjunction with our School participation. A good Martial Artist and a good Citizen are one in the same.
Below are some of the projects we’ve participated in:
- 2015 – Denver Big/Little workshop
- 2016 – Eagles Nest Healing Horses for the Armed Forces car wash (fund raiser)
- 2017 – Blanket drive for the homeless of Aurora
- 2018 – Family Tree House of Hope Diaper and Blanket drive (over 2,000 diapers and 75 blankets!)
- 2018 – Kick-a-thon for First Descents (Cancer Support Group non-profit)
- 2019 – Operation Christmas Giveaway: benefiting impoverished families in Guatemala
- 2020 – (In Process) School Supply Drive for Aurora kids in need
- 2020 – (In Process) Operation Christmas Giveaway part 2
- 2020 – (In Process) and at least one more!!
All Black Belt Candidates are required to complete a Community Service project as part of their testing requirements.
WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE AURORA KARATE?
We strive to give children, teens and adults in our community the tools needed to become the best possible versions of themselves.
Our Martial Arts Programs & Fitness classes have been designed to guide our students on a path to greater physical prowess and strong core values. With a community of new friends and mentors from across Aurora & Centennial they’ll learn effective verbal and physical self-defense skills!
For Children, too much or too little confidence are equally harmful. To help your child reach their full potential, our instructors are caring, compassionate, and direct — they’ll provide expert training in a safe, fun environment where children of all abilities and backgrounds can thrive. Our custom designed Character In Action development program will assist your child in developing vital skills and values, like focus, respect and discipline.